HURISA provides young people with opportunities to grow in an NGO working environment or as apprentices to pursue a human rights career in the near future. In this vein, we invite people who wish to pursue research studies and creative/analytical writing skills, librarian/taking social and legal complaints and attending to referrals, communication and media relations to apply in this year’s programme.
General Requirements for Prospective Interns:
- Postgraduate students in international relations, technology, journalism, law, social sciences, or equivalent experience (students of the social sciences can apply);
- Ability to identify and advise the Director in developing and implementing advocacy strategies in order to seize advocacy opportunities is required;
- Knowledge of and familiarity with international, regional and domestic human rights law is required;
- Strong initiative and follow-through, the capacity to think creatively and strategically, excellent writing and editing skills, and a dynamic public speaking ability are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively within HURISA as well as with external partners, are required;
- Ability to multi-task effectively, including having good planning and organizing skills and ability to work under pressure are required;
- Ability to think strategically about the global and local media environments and how to use the media and electronic media to further advocacy goals is desirable;
- Ability to use the internet effectively as well as other important MS applications such as MS-Publisher.
How to apply:
Please kindly note that there is no remuneration for participating in this internship programme, and most previous HURISA interns are fully funded by independent donors covering accommodation, travel and subsistence. HURISA internship programmes vary from 6 – 12 months, and applicants must take appropriate note of these. that due to financial constraints, this internship programme is non-remunerative.
For more on the profile of previous interns